Treat Your Brain to Some Turmeric Tea
People are looking for great recipes that make use of one special ingredient or another that is supposed to have great effects on health. One of those ingredients is turmeric, which is used a lot in curries and various sauces and which is credited with the ability to increase brain health, and fight against such conditions as Alzheimer’s Disease.
Today, we’re going to share a recipe that lets you take turmeric is a very simple, direct and delicious way—as a simple cup of delicious tea.
Part 1: Brewing
- Bring for cups of water to a boil and then remove from heat.
- Stir in 1 to 2 teaspoons of turmeric (ground or grated)
- Let simmer for about 10 minutes
- Strain your liquid a container
- Allow it to cool for 5 minutes
Part 2: Preparation
Turmeric isn’t known for its straight-from-the-source flavor. It is an ingredient, the strength of which makes it a great component of to use with other ingredients. Adding enhancements to your turmeric tea will provide you with a beautifully colored, delightfully flavorful and exceptional healthy drink. Here are some ideas on how to enjoy your turmeric tea:
- Honey provides additional health benefits and, of course, adds sweetness.
- Milk adds texture and helps with absorption of curcumin, an important component of turmeric.
- Black pepper, which also helps with curcumin absorption, adds a lovely note of spice.
- Lemon, lime, or ginger all work their well-known flavor magic, while boosting the antioxidant and antimicrobial benefits of your tea.